Who we are:
- Clinicians are people providing healthcare for individuals and communities. This includes physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, midwives, dietitians, traditional healers, community health workers, and others.
- Over 400 clinicians from around the world have formally signed on to the Clinicians for Planetary Health initiative, expressing their commitment to addressing global environmental change and its health impacts. A subset of these individuals are involved in the Clinicians for Planetary Health working group
- Over 30 partner organizations
co-signed the global
call-to-action released in The Lancet
on Earth Day 2019, which called on health communities around the world to take action on planetary health.Our approach:
- Developing outreach materials for healthcare settings that encourage individual- and community-level planetary health action, with an emphasis on health and environmental co-benefits
- Convening periodic calls to brainstorm, network, and exchange resources to build commitment to planetary health across the healthcare sector
- Sharing resources and stories of success through a newsletter, blog series, and podcastEvents:
- The first Clinicians Community Call
will be held on May 22nd, 2020 at 12pm EST
as an extension of our 50th Anniversary of Earth Day celebrations! Please click the 'join' button below to receive more information about the call.