Upcoming EventsFebruary Clinicians Community Call: Mainstreaming Planetary Health
Our next community call will be on February 26th, 2022 at 11am ET. We will have speakers discuss how to mainstream planetary healthin healthcare settings around the world, with some time at the end for discussion. To sign up, please click here.
Share this event with your friends and co-workers who would be interested!Register for the event!
Read the full save the date announcement here.Who we are:
- Todd Sack, MD: Editor of My Green Doctor. He lectures on environmental sustainability and climate change preparedness for offices, clinics, and other outpatient centers. My Green Doctor provides free online materials to support and promote office green action.
- Amy Collins, MD: Senior Clinical Advisor for Physician Engagement, Health Care Without Harm. Health Care Without Harm works to transform health care worldwide so that it reduces its environmental footprint, becomes a community anchor for sustainability and a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice.
- Jamie Alexander: Director, Drawdown Labs. Drawdown Labs is Project Drawdown’s private sector testing ground for accelerating the scaling of climate solutions quickly, safely, and equitably.
- Clinicians are people providing healthcare for individuals and communities. This includes physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, midwives, dietitians, traditional healers, community health workers, and others.
- Over 700 clinicians from around the world have formally signed on to the Clinicians for Planetary Health initiative, expressing their commitment to addressing global environmental change and its health impacts. A subset of these individuals are involved in the Clinicians for Planetary Health working group
- Over 30 partner organizations
co-signed the global
call-to-action released in The Lancet
on Earth Day 2019, which called on health communities around the world to take action on planetary health.Our approach:
- Developing outreach materials for healthcare settings that encourage individual- and community-level planetary health action, with an emphasis on health and environmental co-benefits
- Convening periodic calls to brainstorm, network, and exchange resources to build commitment to planetary health across the healthcare sector
- Sharing resources and stories of success through a newsletter, blog series, and podcastMore ways to join us!
PHA is thrilled to announce our new online platform for networking and sharing ideas: Hylo!
Sign up with this link
and be sure to join the C4PH group (it's separate from PHA main). Also feel free to join the sub-groups based on action pathway:Our "Seedbox" of Open-Access Resources!
We’re pleased to present the “Seedbox”: an open-access repository of tools that you can use to bring planetary health into any clinical or health-related setting. This Google Drive folder
(view-only) has some basic tools to help you start integrating planetary health into patient care. We also have submissions from our greater C4PH community; please see this link
for all of the latest submissions. If you’d like to submit a resource yourself to the Seedbox, please do so using this form
. Any questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the term “C4PH Seedbox” in the subject line.