Upcoming Events (UPDATED FOR 2023!)
SAVE THE DATE for our upcoming Clinicians Community Call
We will be meeting again as a community Friday, March 17th
at 1pm ET North America (UTC - 05:00). For your local time, please click on this link
This will be a gathering to meet each other and hear about updates from all around the world after our annual meeting this past November. Our topic for discussion will be exploring the health co-benefits of reconnecting with nature, especially forests. Speakers include:
- Gloria Blaise: PhD student at Cornell University studying the benefits of agroforestry initiatives in Haiti
- Alex Gesse: director of the Forest Therapy Hub
- Erica Timko Olson: clinical professor at University of Minnesota and researcher on forest bathingSign up!Who we are:
- Clinicians are people providing healthcare for individuals and communities. This includes physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, midwives, dietitians, traditional healers, community health workers, and others.
- Over 1,000 clinicians from around the world have formally signed on to the Clinicians for Planetary Health initiative, expressing their commitment to addressing global environmental change and its health impacts. A subset of these individuals are involved in the Clinicians for Planetary Health working group
- Over 30 partner organizations
co-signed the global call-to-action released in The Lancet on Earth Day 2019, which called on health communities around the world to take action on planetary health.Our approach
- Developing outreach materials for healthcare settings that encourage individual- and community-level planetary health action, with an emphasis on health and environmental co-benefits
- Convening periodic calls to brainstorm, network, and exchange resources to build commitment to planetary health across the healthcare sector
- Sharing resources and stories of success through a newsletter, blog series, and podcast
More ways to join us!
PHA is thrilled to announce our new online platform for networking and sharing ideas: Hylo!
Sign up with this link
and be sure to join the C4PH group (it's separate from PHA main).Our "Seedbox" of Open-Access Resources!
We’re pleased to present the “Seedbox”: an open-access repository of tools that you can use to bring planetary health into any clinical or health-related setting. This Google Drive folder
(view-only) has some basic tools to help you start integrating planetary health into patient care. We also have submissions from our greater C4PH community; please see this link
for all of the latest submissions. If you’d like to submit a resource yourself to the Seedbox, please do so using this form
. Any questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the term “C4PH Seedbox” in the subject line.