Who we are:
- Clinicians are people providing healthcare for individuals and communities. This includes physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, midwives, dietitians, traditional healers, community health workers, and others.
- Over 700 clinicians from around the world have formally signed on to the Clinicians for Planetary Health initiative, expressing their commitment to addressing global environmental change and its health impacts. A subset of these individuals are involved in the Clinicians for Planetary Health working group
- Over 30 partner organizations
co-signed the global
call-to-action released in The Lancet
on Earth Day 2019, which called on health communities around the world to take action on planetary health.Our approach:
- Developing outreach materials for healthcare settings that encourage individual- and community-level planetary health action, with an emphasis on health and environmental co-benefits
- Convening periodic calls to brainstorm, network, and exchange resources to build commitment to planetary health across the healthcare sector
- Sharing resources and stories of success through a newsletter, blog series, and podcastMore ways to join us!
PHA is thrilled to announce our new online platform for networking and sharing ideas: Hylo!
Sign up with this link
and be sure to join the C4PH group (it's separate from PHA main). Also feel free to join the sub-groups based on action pathway: