In November 2022, we held a side session at the Planetary Health Annual Meeting held in Boston, MA, USA to highlight the latest findings of clinicians’ attitudes towards climate change, connections with the related fields of lifestyle medicine and integrative health, lessons learned from implementing “one minute for the planet” in a rural Brazilian clinic, and the benefits of clinicians prescribing time in nature for their patients.
Our speakers included:
- Kristin K. Raab, MPH, MLA: Minnesota Department of Health Climate & Health
Program/Environmental Impacts Analysis Unit
- Enrique Falceto de Barros, MD: family doctor in Brazil, past chair of the Working Party on the Environment of the World Organization of Family Doctors (WONCA)
- Roberto de Almeida, MD: director of the Ideia Ambiental Institute (NGO committed to promote planetary health)
- Vanessa Goes, MSc: integrated health professional, food sciences PhD student
- Melissa Lem, MD, CCFP, FCFP: President-elect of the Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment (CAPE), director of PaRx (Park Prescriptions), family physician in Vancouver areaYou may find an academic conference report summarizing this session and providing concrete tips that you can implement today here.